Inspired by Simon McGarr and The Gist.
- Bernie Goldbach publishes Topgold.ie Create and Share. Contact him directly by pinging @topgold on all good social networks or via email bgoldbach AT gmail.com
- I need your contact details so I can send you a newsletter and manage your membership on this website. If you are on the free plan, our legal basis for this is consent and if you are on a paid tier the legal basis is contract.
- Expect cookies to load on your device when you visit the site. These manage the functions of the website. For the purpose of training creative media students, your visit through the site may be tracked using analytics plug-ins (such as Statcounter). I can see whether you open emails from Create and Share.
- If you look at the code of this site, you will see some data processors from Stripe (for payments), GhostPro (for hosting), and Blacknight (for domain name services).
- Ghost Pro, who host our website, have their servers based out of Amsterdam. If they make transfers out of the EU, they are constrained by a Data Processing Agreement (which you can read here). Stripe sets out its reliance on Standard Contract Clauses together with additional technical and organisational measures to be in compliance with the Schrems II ruling if ever they make a data transfer outside the EEA. Blacknight's servers are based in the EU.
- Data is retained for as long as is required for the purpose for which it was initially collected and then deleted.
- You have rights under the GDPR.
- The right to access – You have the right to request copies of your personal data. We may charge you a small fee for this service.
- The right to rectification – You have the right to request that we correct any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request we complete personal data about you which you believe is incomplete.
- The right to erasure – You have the right to request that we erase your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to restrict processing – You have the right to request that we restrict the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to object to processing – You have the right to object to our processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to data portability – You have the right to request that we transfer the data that we have collected to another organization, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
If you make a request, I have one month to respond to you. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact me via my email above. Please put the letters GDPR in the title of the email that you send so it doesn't get trapped in my junk mail folder.
- Even if you currently consent to the data processing outlined above, you can withdraw your consent at any time.
- You have a right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority (though it would be a timesaver if you let us know the problem first).
- There's no automated decision-making system in place.